Tuesday, August 11, 2009

let's start at the very beginning

well, this is my first blog entry and the beginning of something i never thought i would do.  i think i just wanted to make a blog to design one, but that is much more difficult than i thought it would be. martha, i still need your help. 

it seems appropriate that i should explain how the name of my blog came to be for my first post.

blueberry hill came to me this weekend whilst relaxing in the paradise of my grandparents lake house. when we are there, we always listen to the same radio station that plays the same songs from the 40's and 50's. one little ditty that i always hear when i'm there (and of course heard this weekend) is "blueberry hill" by none other than fats domino, and it always makes me happy. i have a dream of somewhere living in a house that has a name and i think "blueberry hill" would be perfect. it also applies because blue is my favorite color and the color of my eyes, and because so far in life my most famous recipe is my homemade blueberry muffins. now every time i see my blog i will think of my favorite people (jerry and frankie jetton) and my favorite place (their lake house) and i will be overwhelmingly joyful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment